Leading Through Analytics & Innovation
As decision makers and business professionals know, great ideas are increasingly driven by innovative thinking and data analytics.
At the Lubar College of Business, everything we do is infused with this mindset — in the classroom, in the cutting-edge research of our talented faculty and in our partnerships with organizations around the region.
Today, we are equipping our students with skills and knowledge that become data-driven critical and creative thinkers.
Here are just some of what we are doing to ensure that our graduates are ready for the new economy:
- Design thinking modules are now embedded into the BBA and MBA core curriculum.
- Citizen Data Science Badge – An “add-on” certification students can earn through course-embedded Tableau exercises that require them to analyze a dataset, produce visualizations/ dashboards, and communicate the “story” that emerges from the data.
- Business Innovation Incubator – A new start-up accelerator launched in Fall 2022, complementing our undergraduate and graduate certificates in Entrepreneurship, La Macchia Entrepreneur Internship Program, La Macchia New Venture Business Plan Competition, Scheinfeld Entrepreneurial Awards Program and Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization.
- Online MBA and Online BBA-General Business – We’ve expanded our MBA and BBA-General Business major to high-demand online formats to meet the increasing needs and preferences of our students. These include our same outstanding curricula, now offered 100% online!
- Focus on Student Success and Career Preparation – The 2nd floor of Lubar Hall has become a “destination” location for Lubar students, with a new tutoring center, student lounge, individual and group study rooms, remodeled career center and academic advising offices – all focused on helping our students succeed.
THANK YOU for participating in 414 for UWM Giving Day to ensure the Lubar College’s continuing momentum! Please consider supporting us through the following funds: